Monday, February 13, 2012

Job #2: Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein

Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein: advocates for justice and NPR sponsors. 


Okay, I admit it -- before I heard that they were sponsoring a challenge grant at my local NPR station, KQED, I had never heard of them. Oh, I had heard of justice. And I love me a good fight. I just never had heard of these folks. But I checked them out online, and they look like the real deal. I'm not a lawyer, but you can bet I can support a lawyer pretty well. And heck, if I'm lucky, maybe they'll even help me go to law school in the evenings! Is that too much to hope for? I don't think so. IF I get a job, and IF they turn out to be nice people to work with, I'm pretty sure that they'll want a hard-working and creative lawyer on their team. 


Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself. First step: get the job. Heck, get A job. 


Idea: Showing up to the interview with a dozen cupcakes. Unusual? Yes. Could backfire? Sure. But it's Valentine's Day Eve, I'm baking a pear cake right now, and I am reflecting upon baked goods and their power to win friend and influence people. I mean look -- nobody wants to be thought of as an ass-kisser. On the other hand, how many people show up to an interview with cupcakes for the office? You can bet they'll be talking about you for a long time after... I guess you do need to make sure that the cupcakes a good, though. And probably it's best if they're boutique, not homemade. Would you eat a stranger's cupcakes? Especially a stranger who brought a dozen cupcakes to a job interview? Me either.


Actually, perhaps I should put this cupcake plan on hold for a bit... the job application can go in, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment